|Note: Attendance to the Information & Communication Seminar is mandatory for all projects. The fee for this event will be €800 per project. |
Lead Partner & Partner Seminar
16th June 2009 (1 day seminar)
How to implement an NPP project? What are the corner stones of running and managing a project within the Northern Periphery Programme 2007-2013? What are the reporting procedures, practicalities concerning budgets and payments as well as responsibilities of partners?
This seminar is organised by the Northern Periphery Programme Secretariat 2007-2013.
The seminar is targeted at Lead Partner and Partner organisations and their project coordinators, who are responsible for the day-to-day management of the project. Newly approved projects and projects that have not yet attended a Lead Partner seminar are expected to attend.
It is strongly recommended that the finance managers, who are responsible for financial reporting and the project accounts, participate in this seminar.
Information & Communication Seminar
17th – 18th June 2009 (1 ½ day seminar ending at lunch on the 18th of June)
The main aim of the Information & Communication Seminar is to help projects formulate a successful communication strategy. The Programme Secretariat believes that project outcomes can only become viable if projects are successful at promoting these outcomes to the relevant target audiences (end users). The Information & Communication Seminar will be facilitated by the international PR Company Pinnacle.
Participation and fee
Participation for this event is mandatory for all main projects. The fee for this event will be €800 per project, and includes buffet lunches and refreshments. All projects will be invoiced regardless of participation. In addition, all participants are expected to cover their own travel and accommodation costs.
We expect each project to attend with a project coordinator and a project communication officer. Projects that wish to have more than 2 participants need to contact the Programme Secretariat to ensure that a seat is available.
What to expect?
Participants should expect an intensive and interactive seminar that will consist of the following:
- Trainer led briefing on strategic communications
- Interactive workshops in small groups lead by trainers
- The workshops will be structured so as to encourage participants to brainstorm ideas and share best practice and give collaborative feedback
- Trainers will challenge participants to define the products and service aspect of their projects and how these fit with their local markets.
- Plenary discussion and feedback and review of learning points
- Trainers will lead plenary sessions and highlight example of good practice. The aim is to summarise key points from the workshop sessions and feedback recommendations into action planning.
- Action planning sessions in small groups with trainers and members of the NPP secretariat
- A comprehensive communications handbook available in print, USB key and online for participants to use with their teams.
- Qualified and experienced Pinnacle trainers
For the full agenda, please see the tab "Documents".
The venue is Spa Hotel Peurunka.